On Site or Local Backups
Data Backup and Recovery
Cloud storage may be the latest trend data back up, but what if the Internet down?
Just like any other technology, onsite, offsite and cloud storage comes with advantages and disadvantages. Plus, every business is different. That is why we will create a series of backup systems designed to recover lost data specific for your priorities. There are both onsite and offsite backup options, and both have certain advantages and disadvantages.
The Advantages of an Onsite Storage Solution
Onsite storage stores data periodically on local, or in-house, storage devices, such as hard drives, DVDs, magnetic tapes or CDs. Here is how it works and some advantages:
- Backs up critical server data automatically to your designated local hardware.
- Copies backups to a secondary location for added protection.
- Allows you to restore data from any prior recovery point.
- Provides Immediate access to data.
- It is typically less expensive.
- Internet access is not needed to access the data stored locally.
However, in the event of a catastrophic event, onsite data storage can be destroyed and in that case, the off site back up systems are accessed.
Wright Business technologies places a priority on securing, protecting and backing up your data. We will routinely perform preventive maintenance to be sure your back up systems are up and running and your information is accessible at all times.