Mobile Device Management
Managed IT Services
Mobile Device Management Solutions
Mobile devices continue to multiply year after year.
- But which devices should you allow to be integrated and used in your business?
- How will you configure, monitor, track, secure and update work-related phones and devices? What resources and data can they access?
- What if a device is lost that contains confidential or proprietary data?
Lots of questions. We have the answers.
What is Mobile Device Management, or MDM?
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is simply a system for managing and securing all of the devices that come in and out of your business – all with an eye toward risk mitigation and reducing the costs of supporting mobile workers while maintaining control over all your mobile devices.
We can help you help you create and manage device security policies, remotely wipe a device, and view detailed device reports. Through the application of Microsoft Office 365, we can set up this system on mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, Androids, and Windows Phones used by licensed Office 365 users in your organization.
Our Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems can:
- Reduce the costs of supporting mobile workers while maintaining control over all your mobile devices.
- Provide complete separation of corporate and personal data on the device
- View and manage all devices from one central admin console
- Provide a central location for users to easily find desktop, mobile and web applications available for on-demand installation
- Enable secure access to corporate resources while maintaining employee privacy
- Enable device-wide encryption and automatically lock or wipe a device clean and quickly provide the user with a new device
- Support a wide variety of mobile devices and operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry devices
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Security is a big deal for us as it usually is for our clients. That’s why we take every precaution to ensure your business is protected. While the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) movement has great appeal to the average employee, it represents a significant risk to corporate security. However, there are both opportunities and risks for allowing people to use personal
devices for work.
Just to be clear – there are also BYOT (Bring your own Technology), BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) BYOP and BYOPC (Bring Your Own PC). All of these initiatives are supposed to empower employees to work harder and longer thus reducing costs and bringing greater productivity to the workplace. But there is a downside to all good things. If not fully understood and regulated, it can threaten IT security and put a company’s sensitive business systems at risk.
The driving force behind this movement is that some employees already own laptops, tablets and phones that are likely newer and more advanced than what the IT department has available. So, BYOD is going to be an issue in any business. The best thing that you can do is be aware of the benefits and understand the risks.
Benefits of BYOD
- Increased employee satisfaction (they can work more flexibly).
- Cost savings (reduced hardware spend, software licensing and device maintenance).
- Greater productivity (employees are happier, more comfortable and often work faster with their own technology).
Risks of BOYD
- Potential loss of devices with limited password protection.
- It may cost more for a company to integrate and support a diverse range of employee devices Not having any sort of BYOD policy in place that might expose your business to attack, legislative or reputation threats
Wright Business Technologies can help you navigate the benefits and risks BYOD, implement policies, help manage all of your mobile devices and find solutions that best match your business.